Fall SEO Cleaning
Autumn is here, and we are busy here at Local Fresh, getting your search engine optimization (SEO) ready for Winter with a few Fall Cleaning tasks. If you are already a Local Fresh Marketing SLA Client your site will be getting about 2.5 hours of work before December. Updates and activities include:
- Adding or updating your /Reviews page. We have introduced a new, improved format for /Reviews pages that helps encourage customers to review you online. You can learn more about this on our Website: https://localfresh.com/local-reviews-postcards/
- Confirming that your business’ name, address, and phone number (NAP) are in the correct format with Google and all major directories and root information providers. This ensures that your NAP is correct and consistent across the Internet, making it easier for customers to find you.
- Updating your .htaccess. sitemap.xml and robots.txt files. While this might seem like a foreign language, these files keep Google and other search engines up-to-date on your website urls, files, redirects, pages to index and much more.
- Updating your WordPress software, theme, plugins and security configuration. It’s important to keep your WordPress content management system (CMS) up to date and secure.
- Checking and updating your Google Analytics settings. Checking Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) for Indexing issues. Connecting Analytics and GWT. Linking Webmaster Tools into Analytics property; Improve search presence in GWT.
- Checking Title and Meta Description on home and interior pages, looking for keywords and copy to improve for users and search engines.
Not a Local Fresh Client yet? Hopefully you’ll find this checklist useful for your own Website. We’re always happy to help! Please contact us to learn more and request a quote.