Facebook Now Allows Scheduled Posts
There have been more quiet changes to the Facebook Business Pages in the last couple of days. While generally disgruntled – temporarily – over anything in my little world changing, I appreciate that first, the changes aren’t overwhelming and that second, my hyper-organized personality truly enjoys this development.
Not Out of Sight Out of Mind
For people like me, without a Smartphone or another way to update Facebook while on the go, the traditional issue has been that unless seated in front of a computer with Facebook open, there was no way to update a status for my personal profile or business page.
Those days, however, are over. For Facebook Business Pages, you can easily schedule as many status updates as you can handle. Going on vacation for two weeks and really want to leave your business behind? Schedule an update or two that will appear while you’re gone! Add photos or links to your status updates as usual, then put in the date and time you want each status update to run.
Facebook Status Update Anatomy
The following is a snapshot of the Facebook Business Page for Verticalwerks. Notice the following:
- In order to schedule out a post, you have to first set a date regarding when the business or company was founded. The system provides you with many choices to fill out once and then you’re set to schedule status updates on your business page.
- The status box is the same, except ~
- There’s a tiny icon on the bottom left that looks like a clock. This button is what you press to schedule a post.
To Schedule a Facebook Post
The system is very helpful in that you simply follow the prompts to schedule your status update.
- Choose the type of post you want to add to your Page
- Click the clock icon in the lower-left of the sharing tool
- Choose the future year, month, day, hour and minute when you’d like your post to appear
- Click Schedule
This is what your post will look like:
I’ve Scheduled It, But I Want to Change It
When I first played around with scheduling posts, I would go through the routine and then the posts would simply disappear. However, you can access and change your scheduled posts by following these steps:
- Open your admin panel by clicking Admin Panel in the upper-right corner of your Page
- Click Manage at the top
- Select Use Activity Log
Scheduled posts will appear at the top of your activity log. From there, you can edit the post by hovering over the down arrow icon and clicking the menu that allows you to change the time your post is scheduled for, publish the post now, or cancel the post.
This is a great tool when it comes to time management and engaging your current and prospective customers. For more about how to manage your Facebook Business Page, check out our free Facebook Webinar!